All Conference and Meeting room bookings made at the Active Business Centre will be subject to the conditions as stipulated below:
1. Confirmation: All bookings will be treated as provisional until such time as Active Business Centre receives a signed copy of this contract.
2. Car Parking: Car parking spaces are available, Disabled parking spaces may be reserved, please contact reception to discuss your requirements.
3. Numbers: Where catering and hire of equipment are required the hirer must inform the Active Business Centre of final numbers of delegates two working days prior to the booking date.
4. Use of rooms: The hirer shall not use the rooms for any purpose other than that described on the booking form. The hirer shall not sub-hire or allow the rooms to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way. The hirer shall not do anything which may endanger the Active Business Centre, its reputation or any insurance policies in respect of the Active Business Centre.
5. Payment: Payment is due seven days from issue of the invoice.
6. Cancellations: If the hirer wishes to cancel a room booking they must advise the Active Business Centre verbally as soon as possible followed by a written/ email notice of cancellation. Notification by an acknowledged email is accepted.
Late cancellation fees are as follows:
|Days prior to booking start date||Cancellation fee|
|14 -7 days||50%|
|7 days -1 day||75%|
The Active Business Centre reserves the right to cancel a booking if:
(a) The Active Business Centre is closed due to fire or as a result of any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Active Business Centre.
(b) The hirer is more than 30 days in arrears in payment to Active Business Centre
7. Equipment: Any portable electrical equipment brought onto the premises must have a current portable appliance test certificate.
8. Finishing times: Conferences, meetings and functions are required to finish at a time agreed when the booking is made. Extensions to such agreed times shall not be possible without prior agreement with Active Business Centre.
9. Health and Fire Safety: The hirer is required to make themselves and guests aware of and adhere to all health, safety and fire regulations at the Active Business Centre.
The building is strictly no smoking throughout. Smoking is only permitted in the designated area.
Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your own records.